Terms of Service
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE THE CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND PROPELR LIMITED. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR OR USING THE SAFELINK SERVICE.
By using the service provided on the Safelink website ("Service"), a service of Propelr Limited ("Propelr"),
you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
Use of Your Safelink Account
- You must use a valid email address for your Safelink account.
- You must not use the Service for any illegal purpose.
- Only one account per person is allowed.
- You are solely responsible for the security of your account and the
accounts you create for other users and for keeping your password safe.
- You accept that other Safelink users may invite you to access rooms,
and that your access to those rooms may be revoked, blocked or otherwise
limited at the discretion of the rooms' manager(s) or in accordance with automated
security or access control policies.
- Safelink will send you automated emails from time to time, including summaries
of activity that has occurred in Safelink, updates to your account and general
information about Safelink. You can change the frequency of these emails
or disable them entirely on the My Profile page.
- If you forget your Safelink password, a forgot my password function is available that
will allow you to reset it, at which Safelink will automatically arrange for another
suitably authorised user in each
to give you a copy of the relevant encryption keys to access the room.
- You accept that if you forget your password and you are the only user with management
authority to a given room, or if all management users in a given room forget their
passwords or are unavailable, the contents of the room
cannot be decrypted and will be irretrievably lost.
Propelr strongly recommends that you have at least three users with
management authority in each room to minimise the risk of this occurring.
Creating Rooms and Choosing Plans
- You can create and delete your own rooms at your discretion.
When you create a room, you must choose a paid or free plan from
the list of available plans.
- Each account can have only one room under the free plan at any one time.
- You will be granted management authority to rooms you create
(ie. become a Room Manager).
Using that authority you may invite additional users to your rooms,
and may also grant them management authority. You accept that any user granted management
authority to a room has the power to revoke your own access to the room.
- Each room plan has associated limits on the amount of data,
number of documents and number of users that can access the room.
These limits will be described at the time you create the room.
Propelr may change these limits or introduce additional types of
limits at any time.
- You are responsible for ensuring that limits applicable to each room
that you create are not exceeded, and accept that any room
that exceeds its limits may be automatically disabled or its functionality may be restricted until
the relevant usage is reduced or the room's plan is upgraded.
Safelink provides reports that allow you to determine if any limits have been exceeded
or are close to being exceeded.
- You can at any time upgrade or downgrade to a different Safelink plan for each room
using the Manage Room page. The change to your plan will take
effect immediately and apply to all future invoices.
- After an upgrade you will be billed right away for the remaining time until the next renewal
(the amount will be reduced with what you have already paid).
- After a downgrade you will be billed at the next renewal date.
Payment and Billing
- If you choose a paid plan, you must provide Propelr with accurate billing information and keep this information up to date.
- Propelr will send invoices electronically to the email address you provide. You
can nominate a separate billing address by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By creating a room and choosing a paid plan you give Propelr the right to bill you for fees connected with the Service specified for the plan you choose.
- The Safelink Service is a subscription service. You pay in advance for each billing cycle on the first day of that cycle. A billing cycle is either one calendar month or one year depending on which plan you choose.
- Your Safelink plans will be renewed automatically until you delete the relevant rooms.
- You are responsible for all charges incurred related to your Safelink account, including any applicable taxes or extra service fees.
- You accept that if you fail to pay an invoice by the due date, your rooms
may be deleted or access may be otherwise be restricted at Propelr's discretion.
Cancellation and Termination of Service
- You may at any time cancel your Safelink account inside the Safelink control panel provided that any past invoices have been paid. Propelr does not accept cancellations via email or telephone.
- Any abuse of the Service will lead to termination of your account and deletion of your rooms.
Propelr reserves the right to decide what is considered abuse of the Service.
- If you wish to ask for a refund or have an invoice cancelled, you need to send an email to email@example.com within 7 days (one week) of the invoice date. The email needs to contain your Safelink client id (the one you use to log in to Safelink) and the invoice number of the invoice in question. You will receive a confirmation email back that acts as your receipt and proof that Propelr has received your refund request.
- If you do not receive this receipt email it is your responsibility to contact Propelr within these 7 days via telephone or email to manually confirm that Propelr has received your request.
Use of Customer's Name and Company Name
- Propelr reserves the right to use your name and/or company name as a reference for marketing or promotional purposes on the www.safelinkdatarooms.com website and other communication with existing or potential Safelink customers. To decline Propelr this right you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you do not wish to be used as a reference.
Changes to Terms of Service
These Terms of Service may be updated from time to time without prior notice. The current Terms of Service are always available at
- The Safelink Service is provided "as is" and "as available".
- Propelr reserves the right to modify the Service from time to time at any time, including adding and removing features and plans.
- Propelr reserves the right to discontinue the Service at any time after a 30-day notice via email.
- Propelr reserves the right to change the prices for the Service and any connected extra services at any time.
Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that Propelr shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Propelr has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: 1. the use or the inability to use the Safelink service; 2. the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Safelink service; 3. unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; 4. statements or conduct of any third party on the Safelink service; or 5. any other matter relating to the Safelink service, to the extent permitted by law.
- Any decisions or claims you make based on data from the Safelink Service are your sole responsibility. Propelr shall not be held liable for any such decisions or claims.
- In no event shall Propelr's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
- You agree to immediately notify Propelr of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security known to you.
- These terms of service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Jersey, Channel Islands.
- You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Royal Court of Jersey to settle any dispute which may arise under these terms of service.